~This past week we had 6 people from the States on campus for a couple days. Two couples who both had a little daughter, and two other guys. All the guys are pilots and one of the couples is planning to come down to live on campus and fly out of our airstrip as soon as their house sells. Its been nice having them all here, and I hope Kyle, Shelly, and their daughter Nova come soon. I've really realized how much I miss flying.
~Today on the taxi ride back from G-town, where I was picking up another volunteer, I got a rather extensive cooking lesson from our little East Indian driver. I'm planning to try some of the recipes out that he verbalized to me. He was such a nice guy, one of the nicest taxi drivers I've met yet.
~We've finally been reaping the fruits (and vegetables) of our labors recently in the garden. The last 2 weeks we have been picking the sweet corn we planted, it has been excellent. We've been having lots of bora (long green bean like vegetables) recently, makes a nice addition to soups, and sauces, and even steamed and seasoned. The pumpkins are growing, and soon we will be having pumpkins coming out of our ears. Soon we should be having cabbage, lettuce, tomatoes, and peppers. I just wish the fruit trees would start bearing soon. They've been planted for several years and just this year we got about 4 pineapples...I would like them to hurry it up a little.
~I really miss playing the piano. Electrical keyboards aren't the same, and don't quilify. I think by the time I finally have a piano to play regularly I will forget most everything that I ever knew.
~Every time I go into G-town, it just helps me to appreciate more the peace of our campus. Although the internet is wonderful, the city gets old very quickly. The interior is such a wonderful place to be.
~Traveling to other countries and different cultures is such a wonderful experience, and also a learning experience. I think everyone should try it, and chances are it will get in your blood and you won't be able to stop.
~The second Bible worker for Mashabo just got here today. I'm so happy that we'll have full-time workers there now, the village will really benefit from them. Now we just need a mission house for them to stay in, hopefully a group will be coming to help build it in March.
~Having my sister here with me is the so nice. She really likes the campus, and everyone is glad that she is here, but most of all I am glad that she is here. I like to crawl into her mosquito net at night right before I go to bed so we can talk for awhile. Its nice to be with her since we've been in such different places for the last few years and barely get to see each other.
~Rainy season is almost over. Its nice that we are starting to have more sun during the day to charge our batteries for the electrical system, and to pump our water. It does mean, however, that we will have to start watering the garden again sometime soon. Thankfully Michael is working on quite the watering system design.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Elizabeth, I rarely get on my blog anymore, but I just have a couple minutes before my next class and wanted to leave you a quick note telling you that i miss you and am praying for you! Thanks for the update on how things are going down there.
Post a Comment