Friday, August 1, 2008

Endings

One chapter of my life is almost over. The final sentances are playing out; the sun is nearing the horizon to set for this day. Wow, I can't believe the beginning of my newest journey is so near! It is hard to believe that I have been here in Phoenix for over a year and a half now. I can honestly say that I have enjoyed these last months here, there have been good and bad mixed together, but it has added dimensions to my life story.

Yesterday I moved all my stuff out of my apartment. My back and muscles most certainly attest to that! I would not doubt that I climbed those wretched stairs nearly 100 times, although my opinion would be biased. You never realize just how much stuff you really have until you move! Of course it didn't help that I was the sole person doing the carrying...I guess its a good thing I didn't have more stuff that I did. I am happy to be done.

Now I'm staying with my friend Dawna for the next week while I finish up my flying and work. Then it will be a lovely 20 hour drive up to WA to spend a few weeks with my family before I head down to Guyana. Thats a good days drive in my books, although my mom doesn't approve of my driving habits. I've learned to be vaugue when I tell her the day I'll be coming, that way she doesn't worry=) Otherwise she will call me multple times as I drive asking me if I'm going to stop and rest yet...

As these last few pages of this chapter of my life are being turned, I can't help but feel a bit nostalgic. Saying goodbye is never fun. I have made some good friends in my time spent here, and I can honestly say that I will miss them in my life. As I leave here I have no idea if I will ever return. After I finish my 9 months in Guyana there is no telling where God will lead next, He may take me to the other side of the US, or all the way to Africa for all I know. That's the beauty of God's plan for our lives, it is always far more exciting and authentic than anything that we can plan or imagine for ourselves. My prayer is that I will always let God's hand lead my life, and allow Him to write the story of my life.

Faith never knows where it is being led, but it knows and loves the One who is leading.
~Jim Elliot

No comments: