"Lord I want to see with Your eyes, I want to be filled with Your love"
That was my prayer sent to heaven today
Little did I know how unprepared I was for that prayer to be answered
As I read this morning I had my first encounter with His eyes
They were filled with tears, his body racked with sobs. Why I asked?
The ones He loved the most refused to accept His love
Even after He poured it out for them in His blood, stretched out His arms and died
Love like this is beyond human understanding!
To continue loving, despite untold pain and suffering inflicted by those you love
I shrunk back, could I have loved if that was me?
Again I encountered his love, saw through His eyes
She was shuffling down the street, her clothes too many and too old
Going nowhere, because she had nowhere to go, just going
He loved her passionately. I felt His tears for this, His beloved child
I felt His heart broken as untold children died today, unloved by anyone
The tears fall again as war ravages countries, tears apart families, and takes lives
He feels the anguish of every rape, every murder, every lie
But perhaps the greatest cause of these tears is me
Me when I callously turn away from these, the children of His heart
I cause the pain when I choose to reject the love that He lavashes on me freely
When I turn my eyes, refusing to acknowledge the tears in His eyes for me
Today I asked to see through Jesus eyes,
And the love I saw was broader, deeper, stronger than my comprehension
This love altered my perceptions, and challanged my heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment