Saray, Anca and I walking down the sandy path into Bethany to visit a villager who was sick. We're the three single staff ladies
My masterpiece this friday...pizza with everything made from scratch by yours truely. I was so proud of myself! The crust, the sauce (which turned out very well, if I may say so myself, better than anything you can buy from the store), and even the cheese, and check out the new use for exam gloves =)
Our Friday night supper is always special. We always try to make really yummy food and we all sit at one long table together.
Riding down the trail on the tractor and trailor, the only vehicles that are not boats in the village are tractors. The school has two, and one Mule (the vehicle, not the animal) and its always fun to ride throuh the jungle on them, definatly easier than walking because the trails are sand and feel like you are walking uphill.
This is the school house, the rest of the buildings on campus are build around it. The beautiful jungle in the background. We see panther and jaguar footprints around campus, and one day on the way to church a couple of the guys saw a young one run across the trail into the jungle. I am still waiting to see one
Anca and I singing special music for church. Behind us on the platform you can see a couple of the students at the school. This was the second week in a row that we got recruited for special music, we plan to volunteer some of the other students next time=)
Sand vollyball, one of our favorite evening
pastimes between dinner and worship. It gets dark really early down here, the sun goes down at about 5:45 and its dark by a little before 6:30

1 comment:
Hi! My name is Ryan i live in Toronto, Canada. I was born in Guyana.My grand parents and most of my family is from the village where your pics were taken. In the 5th pic i can clearly see my 2 cousins. Delvin on the left and Darrell on the right.
What a wonderfull place!
Post a Comment